To return to the main page, please click here
This is our personal website. It is the platform where we can share our ideas about dogs and about dog's health. Not all pages on this website are in English, but when there is such a translated page, you will be notified with a link.
Health of our dogs is for us extremely important. Not only physical health, but also mental health. Shows are less imporatant, although in the past, we participated in a lot and now we are participating again to show the Lancashire Heelers to the public. The reason why health has our attention is that our first kuvasz had a very labile health condition. Also our other dogs over all these years, including our Lancashire Heelers, had all different kinds of health problems. It only stimulated me to share my ideas and experiences about health. It is my ideal to help dogs and their owners to prevent them to go through health issues that we experienced, but might have been prevented or aleviated.
In all those years, we had a lot of dogs. We raised and trained 13 dogs since 1981. The kuvasz played an important role in our lives. Due to our personal circumstances, Trudi's handicaps, it is not feasible to have a kuvasz anymore. The protective instinct of this breed might give a problem with nurses entering our house.
But no problem: we found another breed that intrigues us and keeps us busy, in many ways: the Lancashire Heeler. We own(ed) nine of them, six still living at our place.
In the subpages I describe our adventures and events with them. When you choose "Lancashire Heeler" from the top-menu, you can read about the heelers. Under Home-Kuvasz you can read about our previous love.
Under Home-Rainbow bridge we describe our dogs that we owned, but passed away.
- January 2017: Bangle passes away at the age of almost 17
- December 2016: Calli was mated to Bogey
- March 2016: Bangle becomes 16 years old
- July 2015: we found a new home for Daisy
- September-October 2014: Riemu (Marmalade's New Joy at Weordune) stayed at our place in her transition to the UK.
- August 2014: Chilly left for Japan
- October 2013: two litters born; Calli en Daisy stay
- 2013: Marple dies at the age of 15 1/2 years (June)
- 2013: Cilla arrives (May) together with her sister Fizz. Fizz leaves for the UK 7 weeks later.
- 2011: Lynne comes disturbing the household (April)
- 2009: Hastings dies of cancer (November)
- 2008: Abby enters the house (August)
- 2007: Cissi dies, over 11 years old, of cancer (December)
- 2004: Geena arrives (February)
- 2003: Cissi, kuvasz of 7 years without pedigree arrives
- 2001: Lyga passes away, over11 years old (July)
- 2000: first litter of Heelers by Marple and Hastings; Bangle stays (March)
- 1999: Asvany passes away, over11 years old (July)
- 1999: Hastings arrives (February)
- 1998: first Lancashire Heeler in the Netherlands, Marple (March)
- 1994: our PON Suki dies
- 1990: our first litter of kuvaszes from Asvany; Lyga stays
- 1988: second Kuvasz, Asvany
- 1987: Elya passes away, just 7 years old
- 1984: chairman FIC van KVN
- 1983: PON Suki arrives
- 1981: our first Kuvasz: Elya
Trudi Willems and Dick Koster